Once you've done the 'Introduction to Poetry' lesson, find a poem that you really using the Poetry Archive, link below. Read a few, don't just pick the first one you find!
Once you've picked your poem, please answer the following questions, remembering to answer in FULL SENTENCES!
- What is the name of your poem, and who is the poet?
- What is your poem about? Give as much detail as you can.
- Why do you like it? Why did you pick it?
- Can you find some figurative language in your poem? Remember, poems might not use all of these. Where you can, give examples of:
- metaphor (something described as something that it can't be)
- similie (one thing is compared to another using 'like' or 'as')
- personification (giving an object human characteristics)
- onomatopoeia (a word that sounds like it's meaning)